Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Yarn Ornaments

I know this is too old to be of use but we got a late start this year since I was so sick throughout most of December.  As soon as I got off work I would nap until the girls came home and then it was homework/food/showers/storytime/dishes/laundry all the way to bedtime at around nine.
So these were finished with just one day to spare but I think they did a great and creative job on them!

I see these a lot with cardboard but since I didn't have any that was thin enough I used cardstock.   I traced two circles on each one using the bottom of a plastic Happy Meal bucket.  We made six so each girl had three to decorate.



The girls painted whatever they wanted on one side.  Bug's are the brightly colored three and Goose chose blue and gray shades to match her white yarn.  Her gradiated one is so pretty and it took her ages to mix all those individual colors!



I laminated them to make them sturdier then cut small slits evenly around them.  Bug didn't want to do a lot of confusing work so she told me to stop after eight.  Goose decided to brave more than that but I think by the end she wished she had stuck with eight, too.
We wrapped the string all the way across then started to move to the right with each turn.  I let them have complete control so they're not perfect stars like most of the Pinterest example ones were, but I love them all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment