Friday, June 3, 2016

My May Book Pile

I was finally able to move jobs towards the end of the month and my reading immediately started to pick up speed again.  Being in a hostile workplace was not conducive to enjoying my free time so it was a miracle to me when I actually finished a book.

So if you're wondering why there's mainly children's books in here it's for that reason.  The bigger books took me ages and I wanted more of the lighter, easier reads.


I want to watch the new BFG movie but when I mentioned reading the book I was disappointed that Bug had already read it in school so I ended up having to read it by myself.  It was honestly the worst book I read in May.  It was boring and didn't make a lot of sense and I don't even understand how it would appeal to anyone.

Broadchurch by Erin Kelly was my top pick for the month and it was also my favorite book I've read since 11/22/63 back in January.  The writing started off a bit choppy but by the halfway mark I was hooked and I hope I can watch the miniseries it was based off soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment