Monday, February 22, 2016

My January Book Pile

I started the year out with a bang when it came to books.  I met almost all of my book goals (minus the nonfiction part but the year is still young) this month.  My personal library got a tiny bit smaller, I read a classic, I managed two readalouds with Bug, there's a Newbery in there, and I got another Game of Thrones book out of the way.  One more to go!


The best for this month was by far 11/22/63 by Stephen King.  I powered through this behemoth in barely a week because I couldn't put it down.  Don't get me wrong, it could have been about 200 pages shorter and still as good but you have to go into Stephen King knowing he's going to be wordy.  Sometimes I think he has a bit of Dickens in him where he thinks he's getting paid by the word.

The worst was Watership Down by Richard Adams.  This book took me ages to get through because it was just so boring to me.  It was hard to keep track of all the different bunnies and by the end of it I was just wanting them all to be mowed down.  Horrible, I know, but their personalities were so hard to stomach.

But and I started reading the Chronicles of Narnia and she really liked the first one in the series, The Magician's Nephew.  We started The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe but she isn't enjoying it as much and it's been slow going with that one.  I'm hoping that maybe watching the movie will kick-start her into liking them better.

Feverborn is a book that I was looking forward to all year because the Fever series is my number one favorite series ever but this one was just not as good as I had hoped it would be.  This series is going downhill fast and I hate that.  I'm still going to preorder them and I'm still going to devour them ASAP but I really don't have high hopes for the next one.

I don't plan on reading new as much in February but this was a good start to what is hopefully a productive book year.

No comments:

Post a Comment