Sunday, July 10, 2016

My June Book Pile



I read a lot of books in June and it was so nice to see my book pile growing and growing as the month went on.  There was one day I read pretty much every free second I had and I ended up finished three books.

I marked a few books off my TBR pile that I'd been eying for awhile so that made me pretty happy.  The Game of Thrones series is a huge pile of books that I am now completely done with.  There's a few other books that are set in the world or talk about the universe that I want to get to eventually but I'm not planning on it anytime in the next few months.

Bug has been really loving The Spiderwick Chronicles series and we powered through three books this month together.  She watched the movie too but didn't seem to like it near as much as the books.

Goose recommended Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library and El Deafo to me.  She's read El Deafo twice now so I wanted to see what it was all about.

The best book I read this month was by far The Fireman by Joe Hill.  It was amazing and I read over 500 pages of it in one day because I could. not. put. it. down.  For those of you who don't know, Joe Hill is Stephen King's son.  My other favorite book this year was 11/22/63 by King so let me just say, them King boys know how to craft a good story.

The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman was a really happy surprise that I checked out from the library solely based on the title and pretty cover.  Any book that has the word 'library' somewhere in the title or description automatically has my attention.

The only book that I wasn't really a fan of this month was The Devil's Advocate by Jane Yolan.  I enjoy reading books set during WW2 so I was looking forward to this one but I thought it was a little too wordy and not enough showy for me.

Hoping I have a good book month for July but I start back to work this month so I probably won't do as much as June.  June took a lot out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment