Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Instastic

Some of my favorite things lately:

Someone on Facebook was selling a huge stack of scrapbook paper for $8.  I think there was almost 100 sheets and most of the packs had multiple designs so I jumped on it.  They've already used a bunch of these for birthday cards and special "I love you" cards for family members.


---

The Buried Giant wasn't the best book I've read this year but it IS one of the most beautiful.  I wish I had this cover on a t-shirt because I just want to look at it all day.
Also I made those cupcakes.  It was a s'more.  I don't even like s'mores and I wanted to bury my face in them.


---

One of my big reading goals is to read all of the Newbery Classics.  I love how most of them deal with nature and are incredibly diverse.  Unfortunately this book was about as a dry as a cracker.  I made myself finish it just to mark it off my list but otherwise I would have built a bonfire and roasted it.


---

Remember when I read North and South and I LOVED it and wanted my own beautiful copy?  Well I finally got it!  It holds a place of honor on my Favorites shelf.  I also watched the miniseries which made me fall in love with the story all over again.


---

I recently discovered Sarah Addison Allen's books and became completely obsessed.  When I say obsessed I mean I read every book my library had by her in less than a week.  I think there's one more I need to order and after that I will be up to date.  Her writing is cheesy, not going to lie, but sometimes you need a little fluff in your life.  I read a lot of stiff classics and books where people are killed every other page (hello Game of Thrones book two...) so it was nice to just have a week where I read nothing but happy stories.


---

And last pretty picture for this post is the new magazine I bought on a whim.  I'm not big on buying unread books or magazines since I have the library for that but they grabbed me with Machu Picchu.  I wasn't aware until I got it home that it was so expensive...  Worth it!
I bought a subscription to the National Geographic History version of the magazine and it. blows. my. mind.  I have gotten two so far and they're definitely magazines that will be kept on my bookshelf for years and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment