Thursday, July 23, 2015

#TBRTakedown

I am going to try and do another readathon since I enjoyed the last one so much and this one is a weeklong one instead of a 24 hour one so I wanted to see how I managed.
Deciding which books to use for the challenges makes me so happy and even though I might not stick with my picks I had a lot of fun stacking them up on my dresser!

The challenges are:
1. First Book in a series
     My library has a small manga section (and when I say small I mean they have maybe 2 or 3 of any series I want to read) but I noticed they had a handful of the Blue Exorcist series so I figured it was worth a shot.  After I finished Death Note I've been wanting to start a new one.
2. Sequel Book in a series
      I preordered Go Set a Watchman and I'm dying to read it but I want to reread To Kill a Mockingbird first so I might wait until after the readathon to do those two.  To be honest the second book in the Blue Exorcist series might end up fulfilling this challenge since I went ahead and picked it up along with the first. 
3. Out of your comfort zone
       I tried reading The Help ages and ages ago and didn't make it past about fifteen pages because of the language but everyone I've seen who've read it proclaims it amazing and I would kind of like to watch the movie.  So I am going to try it again...
4. On your shelf over a year (or the longest)
       This one might change as well but I think I'm going to go with Peter Pan since I've had it for ages and I reallyyy want the beautiful interactive book from Barnes and Noble.  I figure if I have never even read it then I can't buy it yet.  But I really want it.  Or maybe I will pick up To Kill a Mockingbird because even though I've already read it I am planning on rereading it and it's technically been on my shelf for over a year.  I'm all about loopholes. 
5. Most recently hauled book
       Even though I told myself NO. MORE. LIBRARY. BOOKS. it didn't hold and as soon as I saw the newest Tatiana de Rosnay book I squealed like a little girl and snatched it up in my greedy little hands.  Fortunately it's more of a novella than a full novel so it shouldn't take me long enough to feel guilty about.

I got a few more library books yesterday and I hope I manage to get to them in the next week, too.  I picked up the graphic novel of Jane Eyre because it's my favorite book and I need to physically touch every version ever made.
There were also a couple of new releases I had on my TBR that I noticed the library had in so I went ahead and snagged them but I'm a little iffy on one (I don't want to support a well-known plagiarizer even if the plot sounds interesting). 
Here's to hoping it's a productive reading week!

No comments:

Post a Comment