Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon part two

My second attempt at the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon.  You can see my first try last year HERE.

This one didn't seem quite as productive as the first one but I was still pretty proud of what I wound up with.


 My first goal was to get a big chunk of Twenty Years After by Alexandre  Dumas out of the way.  This book is 800 pages and it is so boring I feel myself falling asleep when I pick it up.  So I was extremely glad that I was able to do 300 pages of it.  It left me with about 100 pages left to finish it up which wasn't near as daunting as it had been looking.

I also picked up Witches! The Absolutely True Tale of Disaster in Salem by Rosalyn Schanzer from my library just because it had a pretty cover and was short.  It was a little dry and I don't see my ten-year old reaching for it (which seemed like the right age group for this kind of book), but I did learn a little big more on the Salem trials so it wasn't bad.

My least read book for the Readathon was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis.  Bug and I are reading through the Narnia books and this is our next one.  She let me read about a chapter and a half to her and it made her ready for bed.

I did about 425 pages overall which is about the size of one largish book so I think this day was pretty successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment