Thursday, January 5, 2017

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

We love making homemade ornaments for our tree every year.  There are usually several made at school or in their free time but we try to always make one together for our tree and grandparent presents.

Over the years we've made several new ones and several repeats.  Here's some of my favorites:

Of course you have the gingerbread and salt dough ornaments.  They're probably the big classic homemade ornaments that everyone makes at least once.  We do them all the time and love them.

 Another variaton is the cinnamon ornaments.  This one was one I made when I was in grade school and my mom has kept all these years.



My favorites so far is probably these cute buckets of snowballs.  I bought tiny buckets from Hobby Lobby and all we did was glue some cotton balls in and decorate them.  Super easy but so cute.




The first ones we made together were these popsicle stick snowflakes.  I glued them into snowflake shapes and gave the girls piles of buttons and glitter and let them go crazy.



We tried these yarn ones a couple of years ago and even though we had a difficult time trying to figure out how to do them I still think they turned out sweet.


 This year Bug did a melted snowman with hot glue and buttons.  We started a bottlecap snowman but it never was finished in time for Christmas :(

No comments:

Post a Comment